THE BIG LATCH ON 2017
04 Aug 17
10:00 AM to 11:00 AM
05 Aug 17
10:00 AM to 11:00 AM
All are welcome to join other families at Twinkle Twinkle Little Store for this annual breastfeeding awareness event. A large 4 level playground is available and free for older children to enjoy while you are in our nursing friendly environment. Goodie bags are provided to all participants. Twinkle Twinkle Little Store is a baby and children’s boutique and resale store. Pre-registration is not required, just show up!
About the Global Big Latch On
The Global Big Latch On takes place at a registered locations around the world, where women gather together to breastfeed and offer peer support to each other. Their friends, family and community join this celebration to promote and support breastfeeding. Volunteers from within the community host each location, hosting a Global Big Latch On creates a lasting support network for the community.
The Global Big Latch On takes place annually over two days during World Breastfeeding Week (1st – 7th August). Our other World Breastfeeding Week Celebrations include Express Yourself and Selfies Sunday. As a worldwide peer support and community development event, it aims to strengthen national and global support for breastfeeding and to improve the health of children and women around the world.
The Global Big Latch On 2015 records:
|YEAR||PARTICIPATING COUNTRIES||INDIVIDUAL LOCATIONS||BREASTFEEDING CHILDREN (latched for the count)||BREASTFEEDING
The Big Latch On aims to protect, promote & support breastfeeding families by:
- Provide support for communities to identify and grow opportunities to provide on-going breastfeeding support and promotion in local communities.
- Raise awareness of breastfeeding support and knowledge available locally and globally.
- Help communities positively support breastfeeding in public places.
- Make breastfeeding as normal part of day-to-day life at a local community level.
- Increase support for women who breastfeed – women are supported by their partners, family and their communities.
- Ensure communities have the resources to advocate for coordinated appropriate and accessible breastfeeding support services.
The Global Big Latch On is a highly successful, targeted community development initiative that raises awareness of breastfeeding, encourages the formation of support networks between breastfeeding women, and aims to normalize breastfeeding as a part of daily life.
More Info at www.BigLatchOn.org